Ready. Set. Explore!
Prepare to broaden your horizons and expand your knowledge of the world. Students will explore a variety of cultures through art, cuisine, traditions, and current events. Residents will have the opportunity to discover study abroad options and plan for their own future travels across the globe.
Programming for Global Mosaic
Programming in this community may include the following:
- Attend a progressive dinner hosted by the cultural centers on campus.
- Sample art, music, and cuisine from a different region of the world each month.
- Have the Chinese Painting Club teach about traditional Chinese painting.
- Attend Walk it Out, a multicultural fashion show put on in the spring.
- Join the discussion on human rights through film screenings and guest speakers.
- Go to the Study Abroad Fair.
- Meet students who have studied abroad and learn about their experiences.
- Visit UI Museum of Art exhibits.
- Experience a taping of World Canvass.
- Spend an evening with a faculty mentor from the International Studies Program.
- Partner with Arts Share.
- Take part in the Celebrating Cultural Diversity Festival.
- Participate in the Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity certificate program.
Who Lives Here
This community accepts first-year students and returning second-year students.
How To Apply
The housing application for the 2014-2015 academic year will open in October. You’ll apply through your Admissions Profile on ISIS and pay a non-refundable $75 housing application fee.
Stage 1 – Your LLC Choices
You will rank your top five living-learning communities. You can change your choices any time before February 1. You will also have the opportunity to pair up with a roommate. Iowa offers an optional roommate matching service that helps you find the right fit using a roommate matching profile and your LLC choices. Roommate pairing must be complete by January 15.
Stage 2 – Your Room Assignment
If you apply for housing before February 1, you’ll get an email invite in March that tells you how to pick your own room from all the available options that match your preferences. If you apply after February 1, you will be assigned to a room in one of your top five LLC choices.
For More Information
Please contact Residence Education at 319-335-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.